Mudra is a hand sign or posture of fingers. Mudras were developed in the ancient world in many civilizations. Quite a number of these ancient mudras are still in use. In the present times, however, new mudras are being designed to address current issues and problems. By analysing your personal cosmics, you can develop your own mudra that works for you. Key aspects are listed below:
1. Mudra as a hand sign involves a posture of fingers. One way to create mudra is to place one finger over one or more fingers. Another way is to press one or more fingers on the mounts located in the palm. Third way is to combine both methods.
2. Mudra is effective in channelizing energy into your system, because each finger and each mount in the palm has pressure points that store cosmic energy, which can be ignited and distributed throughout your body. Therefore, mudras can be effectively used to generate, harness, and manage energy flow. The latter is very important because you can increase or decrease the required energy at your own free will. Not only mudras help assimilating energy inside but also in projecting energy outward. These twin benefits make you a strong person inside as well as outside.
3. Mudra can be either a static one or a dynamic one. In a dynamic mudra there is movement involving fingers, wrist, elbow or shoulder.
4. Each finger relates to one of the elements as given below:
Thumb – Fire
Index – Spirit
Middle – Air
Ring – Water
Small – Earth
5. Similarly, each planet relates to one of the five elements:
Sun – Fire
Moon – Water
Mars – Fire
Mercury – Earth
Jupiter – Spirit
Venus – Water
Saturn – Air
6. The following Mounts are located in the palm:
Sun – At the base of the ring finger
Moon – On the left side of your palm, below the Mount of Regressive Mars, extending up to your wrist
Mars – a) Progressive mars is located below the mount of Jupiter, in between index and thumb fingers and just above the Mount of Venus
b) Regressive Mars is located below the mount of Mercury, in between Mounts of Mercury and the Moon
Mercury – At the base of the small finger
Jupiter – At the base of the Index finger
Venus – On the right side of your palm, below the phalanx of thumb, extending up to your wrist
Saturn – At the base of the middle finger
Before developing your own mudra, you must perform a thorough cosmic analysis in order to identify your personal cosmics. Thereafter, you can design your own Mudra that can work for you.