Answer varies as to what Malaysian Airlines should do in the aftermath of twin air disasters. Cynics would mock try preventing the next accident. Critics would lambast put your house in order. However, as cosmic adviser, my take is stay put, try little cosmetic changes and concentrate more in installing positive cosmics in people, aircrafts and in the corporate image. Here is the must do list:
1. Most analysts are bent on pushing Malaysian Airline System (MAS) to oblivion by prodding it to become mere of a domestic air traveller. They have sadly missed the fundamentals. According to 2013 financials, the company operated 108 aircrafts, carried 20.7 million passengers in 121,472 flights. About 47% of these flights are in domestic sector. Nonetheless, domestic service provided only 20.2 % of the route revenue and the overall load factor perched at 68%, the lowest amongst the five zones of operations. Incidentally, MAS operates in addition to domestic service, international routes grouped in four major areas: Asia, Europe & Middle East, Australia & New Zealand and North America.
2. Malaysian Airlines well known by its code name MH is a flag carrier for the country doing more than its due share in putting Kuala Lumpur in the global map. The latest ranking of ten most visited cities indicates that Kuala Lumpur is eighth with 9.20 million people having visited it in 2013. Most of these visitors have been either ferried by MH or provided with ground operational support in Malaysian airports. Consequently, in terms of visibility index, MH ranks higher.
3. Right now Khazanah Nasional an investment fund connected to Government owns major stake in MAS and moves are afloat to buy out the remaining portion. Well and good. The company must be de-listed from stock exchange and become fully owned Government entity.
4. A strong work force numbering 19,577 people entitle the workers union a share in management. Hence, representatives must be given berth in the board of directors.
5. No more retrenchment, voluntary no pay leave, voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) until such time proper study is made about staff and their productivity. There is nothing wrong in productivity level right now. So why change. By extension, no cutting airfares to bolster credit sales. Besides, if possible the present 60 destinations could be increased in the medium term.
6. As regards to pilots co-pilots and members of cabin crew they must be sanitized against negative cosmics by compelling them to wear suitable cosmic gems.
7. Detoxing of the passenger airplanes must be carried out by installing cosmic gems inside the cockpit to ward off evil and negative vibes that have affected MH for quite some time now.
8. Finally, the current logo fails to generate positive cosmics. Business logo must have cosmics flowing within. It must delve deep into the cosmic reservoir and sprinkle out cosmic energy to swell the ground with goodwill, positive feelings and emotional attachment. In turn, these are transposed into the minds of viewers as sense of appreciation and feelings and attachment towards MH logo. Additionally present dull corporate colour must get a fitting over-haul.